Our school aims to meet its obligations under the Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) by having due regard to the need to:
- Eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations across all characteristics – between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- To ensure that all individuals achieve their full potential academically, physically, emotionally and spiritually in relation to prior attainment.
- To provide pupils with high quality teaching that has clear aims, uses appropriate methods and resources, and is differentiated to meet the needs of a range of pupils.
- To provide pupils with a broad and balanced curriculum which stimulates their interest in a wide range of cultural, aesthetic, physical and environmental issues.
- To encourage pupils to be confident, self-motivated, have high standards and a commitment to high achievement.
- To provide a lively, stimulating and well organised learning environment in which the abilities and qualities of each member are shown to be appreciated and are used for the corporate well-being of the whole school.
- To encourage parents to participate in school life and ensure that they are kept well informed of pupils’ progress.
- To establish links with the local community which enables pupils to grow up with an understanding of local issues.
Our Key Objectives are:
- Objective 1: All learners are of equal value.
- Objective 2: We recognise, welcome and respect diversity.
- Objective 3: We foster positive attitudes and relationships, and a shared sense of belonging.
- Objective 4: We observe good equalities practice, including staff recruitment, retention and development.
- Objective 5: We aim to reduce and remove existing inequalities and barriers.
- Objective 6: We consult and involve widely
- Statement 7: We strive to ensure that society will benefit.