Values and Aims
Our Vision and Aims
Horsted school is a vibrant, safe and welcoming school where we celebrate and welcome differences within our school community. The ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of basic skills, knowledge, concepts and values with a vision to prepare them for a happy and healthy life beyond primary school.
Our vision for Horsted School is that our children will leave us with a genuine enthusiasm for learning and as
- Striving (they will be determined, persevere and they will be resilient);
- Thoughtful (They will be creative, logical and curious about their world and those around them);
- Aspirational (personally, emotionally and academically);
- Respectful (of themselves, others and their environment) and;
- Supportive (of themselves, others and their wider community).
We aim to achieve this through our curriculum’s rich web and in partnership with parents. The curriculum at Horsted is designed to provide an enjoyable, broad and balanced education that meets the needs of all children. It provides opportunities for children to develop as independent, confident and successful learners, with high aspirations, who know how to make a positive contribution to their community and the wider society.
Horsted is an inclusive school. We strive to ensure that all children will be able to access the curriculum or make necessary modifications to it in order to achieve this.