Welcome to One Hundred Acre Wood Class and Wonderland Class Page!
One Hundred Acre Wood Class
Class Teachers: Mrs Cambridge & Mrs C Harris
Class Teacher: Mrs K Cordrey & Mrs Chick
Teaching Assistant: Mrs A Knight
Teaching Assistant: Mrs K Applegate & Mrs S Mistry
- Reading: please read at home at least 3 times a week. Diaries are checked daily but we count the reads for the previous week on a Monday.
- Times table rockstars- ten garage games weekly (login details in homework diaries)
- Spellings- set each Thursday and tested the following Thursday. Sheet to be completed little and often and handed in on the day of the test.
- PE: is on Mondays and Tuesday.
Please ensure kit is in school, including a tracksuit and trainers, and the earrings are not worn to school on those days.
- Break time: schools no longer provide snacks in KS2. Please ensure your child either has 20p for the snack shop, or brings a healthy snack such as fruit or cheese.
In Wonderland, we have had a great first term in the junior school. We’ve settled into our new rules and routines quickly and are doing some amazing learning.
In Term 1 we learnt all about forces and magnets. We learnt about different forces and identified push and pull forces. Learning about friction using different surfaces ramps and toy cars was a lot of fun. We also tested different materials to see if they were magnetic, investigated the strength of different magnets, learnt about different types of magnets and their uses and designed and built our own magnetic games.
DT - Food Technolog
Please see photos from our DT day on cooking and nutrition:eating seasonally. Year 3 made vegetable tarts, fruit crumble and fruit skewers.