Welcome to Butterfly and Ladybird Class Page!
Class Teachers: Mrs V Webb & Mrs A Bichescu
Class Teacher: Mrs A Hamblett
Teaching Assistants: Mrs N Sharp & Mrs A Bichescu
Teaching Assistants: Mrs N Bosson & Mrs A James
- Reading-Please read at home at least three times a week.
- Books are changed in School:
- Ladybirds – Daily as required.
- Butterflies – Monday and Friday
- Library Visit:
- Butterflies Friday
- Ladybirds Tuesday
- Spelling test- every Monday
- Multiplications – Please complete 10 games on Times Tables Rockstars or spend 10 minutes on Numbots (log in details in Reading diary)
- Homework Books - Set on Wednesday, due in the following Wednesdays
- P.E. days-
- Butterflies - Outside Monday and indoors Wednesday
- Ladybirds - Indoors Monday and outside Wednesday
Please ensure earrings are removed on these days, hair is tied up and the children have a clearly labelled PE kit in school.
Welcome to Year Two. Please check in here regularly to see what we are up to in Year 2. We cant wait to show you all our fantastic things going on!
We had our first trip of the year to Tyland Barn. In science the children have been learning about living things and their habitats. At Tyland Barn we were able to explore a range of micro habitats from logs, grass areas, composts, leaf piles to the habitat under the water in their pond. The children identified different animals, discussed their body parts, foods they might eat, and why they are suited to the habitats that they were found. Take a look at our photos taken of the day!
In our RSHE lessons we have been learning about our feelings and how to take control of them.
Can you design a chair for Baby Bear?
We looked at different structures and decided what makes a structure stable.
We then made a chair for our favourite bear.