Welcome to Butterfly and Ladybird Class Page!
Class Teacher: Mrs V Webb
Class Teacher: Mrs A Hamblett
Mrs N Sharp & Mrs A James
Mrs N Bosson & Mrs P Ball
- Reading-Please read at home at least three times a week.
- Books are changed in School:
- Ladybirds – Daily as they are heard read.
- Butterflies – Tuesday and Friday
- Spelling test- every Monday
- Multiplications – Please complete 10 games on Times Tables Rockstars (log in details in Reading diary)
- Homework Books - Set on Fridays, due in on Wednesdays
- P.E. days-
- Butterflies - Indoors Mondays and outside Wednesdays
- Ladybirds - Outside Mondays and indoors Wednesdays.
Please ensure earrings are removed on these days, hair is tied up and the children have a clearly labelled PE kit in school.
Our Topics this year are:
Term One - Travel and Transport
Term Two - London
Term Three – Medical Marvels
Term Four - Amazing Africa
Term Five - Watch it grow!
Term Six – Awesome Animals
The children had a fun packed day, designing and making a vehicle.
We have been learning the 4 countries of the United Kingdom. We used great observational skills to draw and paint the UK.
As part of our science topic, the children have enjoyed learning how to become master chefs! They have made their own chef hats, learnt how to be safe in a kitchen and name important kitchen tools. Finally, during our WOW day the children put their skills to the test by designing and making healthy fruit salads and pizzas.
World Book Day
We enjoyed learning about the Gentoo Penguins during our Science Week. We Used our pinch fingers to make a nest out of leaves, twigs and stones just like the penguins would with their beak. We thought very carefully about the best location for it in the playground to avoid it getting knocks or blown away. We also created a poster showing the life cycle of a penguin.